I can finally share this card I made for my sister-in-law who gave birth to her baby girl this morning, welcome to the world little one and big congratulations to Stephanie and Mark.
I got a message today from the Editor and have been asked to make 3 cards to feature in the Talent Spot section of the Creativity Magazine in May. They are sending me all the products and I have to have the finished cards back to them by 9th March. I feel quite chuffed as they asked me after seeing my cards in my gallery!! I just hope my mojo doesn’t do a disappearing act!!
I found these gorgeous vintage feel digi papers on this great site earlier and just had to buy them! Aren’t they just so lush?!
Yesterday was our tiny baby girl’s 19th birthday. Who ever would have thought that tiny bag of sugar size baby would grow into this beautiful, clever young woman – well she has and where the last 19 years have gone I do not know!! We feel very old. All the kids went out last night to celebrate and Russ and I went to The Bell for a lovely meal and celebrated our daughter’s birthday in our way as they celebrated in their way!! Happy Birthday my darling, we are all very proud of you. xx
I got an absolute bargain this morning on Ideal World, a flip HD video camera for £79.99! They retail for double this normally but this was on special for an hour and I managed to bag one! It will be so handy in Florida as it fits in your pocket but the quality is astounding and it is simple to edit and upload and email videos just by flipping the usb and plugging into the laptop, great for sharing whilst we are away. I have wanted one for ages and it was almost as if I was meant to flick channels and catch this!
This is an 8×8 card, I have never made one this big before but quite like it. It fits with the House Mouse decoupage images really well. I just love this image, look at the cute little mouse peeking out from the hole in the recipe card!! The flower I made in SCAL and cut on the Cricut. I put a spacer and pearl in the centre.
The lovely Claire from Clairebears has given me this award
Part of accepting Claire’s award is:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
2. Share 8 things about yourself
3. Pass it on to 8 bloggers
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their award
So here we go:
1. I’m Mum to 5 gorgeous kids and 3 British Shorthair cats who are like mini 4 legged human beings!
2. I’m Nanna to 5 beautiful grandchildren who are the world to me – people used to tell me being a Nanna was the best thing but you really don’t realise it until it happens.
3. I am terrified of birds – it’s the flapping! My family are used to me around birds now and the kids or hubby will shoo away any pigeons in my path!!
4. I loved hitting 40 but I love 50 more – but don’t like the things that go with it – grey hair and wrinkles and middle aged spread but love the self confidence I have now and the fact I have finally accepted my life for what it is.
5. I bit my nails all my life until I was 49 when I trained as a nail technician and started to do my own nails and now have my own nails for the first time in my life!
6. I am so proud of the fact that I managed to arrange for my husband to drive his beloved Ferrari for his 50th birthday last year. I always promised him he would one day and I delivered!
7. I feel blessed that all my children have grown into beautiful adults and I am very proud of them all, they are by far my best achievement in life.
8. I love America! We are going back for the 3rd time in April to celebrate our Silver Wedding Anniversary and will be there for a month this time. My husband would move there tomorrow if we could but we have to content ourselves with holidays, hopefully very long ones when he retires!!
Blogs I often visit are:
All the things I love by Bev
Cats Whiskers by Jacqui
Going Buggy by Enfys
A load of old blogocks by Caz
Scrap Happens by Tracy
Meesh’s House of Cards by Meesh
Paper Crafting in Cocoa by Iris
Paula’s Paper Playground by Paula
Hope you like your awards girls and thanks for all the inspiration you give me!
I found the tutorial for this on Tina’s blog a few weeks back and have been meaning to make one so set about it today and this is the result.